Excitement is building for the ARTBOURNE 2019 Residency & Student Art Exhibition to be held at Wellesley on Tuesday 24 September, 7pm.
The boys have created their ARTWEEK masterpieces inspired by the theme “collections and connections” alongside our Artist in Residence, Wellington-based Natchez Hudson. We are exhibiting Natchez’s striking residency work at the exhibition and this creates the opportunity for the boys’ wonderful work to be displayed together with his.
Key details regarding sales and proceeds:
- 50% of student artwork sale proceeds will support Mental Health Awareness Week (23 – 29 September) under Wellesley’s service initiative ‘Create for a Cause.’
- 30% of sale proceeds from Artist in Residence Natchez Hudson’s work will go to the Wellesley Foundation for Promising futures for boys scholarship programme.
- If boys attend exhibition with parents, they are expected to wear their full school uniform.
- Purchase prices are NOT set, rather they’re a donation. EFTPOS / Credit card service will be available on the 24th Sept.
- It’s not compulsory to purchase artwork. Boys’ unsold masterpieces will be taken home end of term.
- If parents are unable to attend the exhibition and wish to purchase their son(s) artwork, they can arrange for their son(s) teacher to have a SOLD (red dot) sticker placed on the exhibited artwork(s). A donation can then be made to the Mental Health Awareness Week Fundraising Event Page.
- If supporters would like to make a separate donation aside from an artwork purchase, we would greatly appreciate a donation to this Fundraising Event Page. Please feel free to share with your friends and family.
Thank you for your support which further promotes the thriving arts culture at Wellesley and supports community resources for mental health, wellbeing, and transformational education.
We also acknowledge our generous ARTBOURNE 2019 partners who have helped make this programme and exhibition possible – The Wellesley College Foundation, Pub Charity, ANZ, Bhakti Mistry Bayleys Real Estate and Matahiwi Estate Wines. Thank you to you all.