Student Code of Conduct
At Wellesley, we use the anti-bullying programme, KiVA, which helps promote healthy, positive social interactions.
Our expectation at Wellesley is for our ākonga, students, to ‘treat others as they wish to be treated’.
As part of our Code of Conduct, we ask that students:
- Uphold the School Values.
- Treat all staff and other students with respect at all times.
- Be supportive of everyone.
- Display good manners and positive behaviour.
- Respect the school uniform and wear it with pride.
- Always complete classwork and homework to the best of their ability.
- Allow others to work without being disturbed or distracted.
- Take care in their own personal grooming (NB – no jewellery is to be worn and hair must be clean, tidy and of natural colour).
- Be courteous and considerate towards fellow students, staff and members of the public.
- Always be seated to eat lunch.
- Arrive to class on time.
- Not have a phone on in class time (even on silent mode or for “texting”) unless the teacher gives permission for a particular learning activity. Cell phones must not be used for any inappropriate activities such as upsetting or harassing students, staff or anyone else, even as a joke.
- Respect their own property and the property of others.
- Stay within the school grounds unless given permission to leave from a teacher.
- Adhere to bell times.
The following are not permitted at Wellesley:
- Chewing gum.
- Dropping of rubbish.
- Running in the corridors.
- Leaving school grounds during school without permission.
- Kicking of large balls other than on the field, in Williams Park and on the Outer Quad.
- To play or enter ‘The Dell’ or the creeks without permission or supervision of a teacher.
- Food in the hall.
- Playing with balls in classrooms and in the Inner Quad.
- Climbing trees.
- Any item that is widely regarded as being unsuitable to bring to school, mainly for health or safety reasons e.g. matches, fireworks, skateboards, knives, electronic products.
If you have any concerns or wish to ask us a question, please do not hesitate to contact the Office at email@example.com