Sport and COVID-19

18 March 2020

We have been keeping a close eye on communication and recommendations in relation to COVID19 and how this will effect sport at school and in the community.

Ensuring the safety of the boys is a priority to us.  Based on this and in keeping with other sporting bodies the decision has been made to cancel the St Bernard’s and St Marks Sports exchange tomorrow along with all other sports exchanges that were scheduled for the rest of term.

The Primary School Cup and shield competitions for cricket has been cancelled although Cricket Wellington plan to finish the competition in term 4.

I’m sure there will be a few disappointed boys, please remind them that Tuesday afternoon sport for years 5/6 and Thursday afternoon sport for the seniors will still be happening at school, so the boys will still get to enjoy their chosen sport during this time.  PE classes will also be another avenue for sport for the boys.

School cross country will still go ahead as planned.

At this stage the Naenae Badminton is still continuing, Water polo is still running on a Monday night and Fencing is still running in the hall.

We are in the process of putting together the Basketball teams for Term 2 also and will enter these teams until we hear any different.

If you have any questions please let us know, we look forward to getting back to normality as soon as we can.