Why consider gifting a bequest in your Will to the Foundation?

You may not always be able to make a gift of money during your lifetime, despite a connection strongly felt, coupled with a desire to support. Bequests are lifeline gifts to any organisation, as they give assurance that there will be funds in the future to fulfil its mission.

Roger Mexted

Roger Mexted

Former longstanding teacher Roger Mexted made a significant bequest in his will, culminating in THE MEXTED SCHOLARSHIP.

Tim Jamieson

Tim Jamieson

Moreover, another significant notified bequest is encapsulated in THE TIM JAMIESON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP.

Future Scholarships

Both these gifts provide a secure platform for the future of scholarships and have encouraged further notified gifts in Wills. Simple wording is all that is required in your will or amendment to a will called a codicil. See an example to the right.

It would help us if you did notify your gift in your will, but there is no legal requirement. If you would like further information and a confidential conversation, please fill out the form below and submit.

Will Sample

“I give and bequeath to Wellesley College Foundation the sum of $ [      ]

or property, assets or a percentage of my estate as described for the general purposes of

Wellesley College [or for a specific stated purposeand I declare the official receipt of  [     ]

an authorized signatory shall be a good discharge to my Trustees.”

In memoriam donations

If you would like to honour the memory of a loved one who has passed away and who has a connection with Wellesley, you are welcome to make an ‘in memoriam’ donation to Wellesley by making a contribution online or contacting us at foundation@wellesley.school.nz or (04) 562 8030, ext 835  for more information.